Available in Tanker Load & Carboys Kg
Our team of adept professionals helps us in the effective formulation of Sulphuric Acid 98% using fluorapatite. We efficiently process more than 100 million tonnes of these chemicals annually.
These chemicals are basically used in the "wet method" for the production of:
- Phosphoric acid
- Phosphate fertilizers
- Trisodium phosphate for detergent
For the production of Trisodium phosphate, phosphate rock is treated with 93% sulfuric acid to produce calcium sulfate, hydrogen fluoride (HF) and phosphoric acid.
The overall reaction process is as follows:
Ca5F(PO4)3 + 5 H2SO4 + 10 H2O (5 CaSO4)2 H2O + HF + 3 H3PO4
- Recycled using a Spent Acid Regeneration (SAR) plant
- These plants combust spent acid with natural gas, refinery gas, fuel oil or other fuel sources
- The combustion process produces gaseous sulfur dioxide (SO2) and sulfur trioxide (SO3), used to manufacture "new" sulfuric acid
- SAR plants are common additions to metal smelting plants, oil refineries, and other industries where sulfuric acid is consumed in bulk
- Operating a SAR plant is much cheaper than the recurring costs of spent acid disposal and new acid purchase
Manufacturing aluminum sulfate, also known as paper maker's alum reacts with small amounts of soap on paper pulp fibers to give gelatinous aluminum carboxylates and helps to coagulate the pulp fibers into a hard paper surface